- Yesterday - Women's Golf vs IU Northwest - L 0-402 - recap - results
- Oct. 18 - Women's Volleyball vs Moody Bible - W 25-20,23-25,25-17,25-16 - recap - stats
- Oct. 17 - Women's Volleyball vs Calumet St. Joseph - W 25-14,25-18,20-25,25-21 - recap - stats
- Oct. 17 - Men's Golf @ NAIA Preview - 16th of 23 - recap - results
- Oct. 16 - Men's Golf @ NAIA Preview - 15th of 24 - recap - results
- Oct. 14 - Men's Cross Country @ Skyhawk Invitational - No Team Score - recap - results
- Oct. 14 - Women's Volleyball vs Michigan-Dearborn - L 25-9,25-10,25-18 - recap - stats
- Oct. 14 - Women's Cross Country @ Skyhawk Invitational - No Team Score - recap - results
- Oct. 14 - Women's Volleyball vs Roosevelt - L 25-12,25-10,23-25,25-13 - recap - stats
- Oct. 13 - Women's Volleyball vs William Penn - L 25-14,25-9,25-16 - recap - stats
GSU ATHLETICS VISION STATEMENT
The Governors State University Athletics seeks to be a model intercollegiate athletic program, creating an environment, through patient and persistent growth, where student-athletes are provided the necessary tools to be competitive on the playing field, successful in the classroom and recognized as leaders on campus and in the community. Athletics will be bound to fiscal responsibility, rules compliance, diversity and equity, athletic excellence and the student-athlete experience; growing into a program that will be recognized for its success on all platforms.
Governors State University is committed to offering an exceptional and accessible education that instills students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a global society. GSU is dedicated to creating an intellectually stimulating public square, serving as an economic catalyst for the region, and being a model of diversity and responsible citizenship.
GSU’s student athletes, student spectators, coaches, faculty and staff will, at all times, both on and off the field, be true to the values of respect, responsibility, leadership and sportsmanship. Athletics must attain multiple goals in advancing the strategic plan of the University by:
1. Promoting the fair and equitable treatment of all student athletes with no unusual privileges and equal access to the full range of support available to all students;
2. Enhancing the University’s goals in admission, retention, and graduation;
3. Fostering an environment that encourages an individual’s best performance and behavior in athletic competition;
4. Advancing the University’s commitment to financial sustainability; and
5. Providing equal opportunity in both men’s and women’s athletic programs.
The Department of Athletics and Recreation is administered under the same policies and procedures as all other aspects of the University. The ultimate measure of success in athletics is the student athlete who joins fellow Governors State University alumni as a leader in their profession and their community.