- Sep. 23 - Men's Golf @ IVCC Invitational - 9th of 20 - recap - results
- Sep. 22 - Men's Golf @ IVCC Invitational - 9th of 20 - recap - results
- Sep. 12 - Men's Golf @ St. Francis Fall Classic - 2nd of 6 - recap - results
- Sep. 9 - Men's Golf @ Olivet Nazarene Fall Invitational - 5th of 9 - recap - results
- Sep. 8 - Men's Golf @ Olivet Nazarene Fall Invitational - 2nd of 9 - recap - results
- Sep. 1 - Men's Golf @ Jaguar Fall Invitational - 1st of 2 - recap - results
- Aug. 29 - Men's Golf @ CCAC Cup - 4th of 7 - recap - results
- Aug. 28 - Men's Golf @ CCAC Cup - 5th of 7 - recap
- Apr. 25 - Men's Golf @ Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships - 10th of 14 - results
- Apr. 24 - Men's Golf @ Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships - No Team Score
Mark Haines begins his third season with the Governors State men's golf program, having taken over the head coaching position on September 15, 2015.
In 2016-17 Haines added six tournaments to the team's schedule and led the team to a 10th-place showing (finishing ahead of four schools) in the Jaguars' debut at the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships. GSU also defeated Calumet St. Joseph in a dual match for the first win in program history. Three golfers posted season averages in the 70s and a total of eight individual medals were earned during the season.
Haines made his coaching debut with the Jaguars at the 2015 Naperville Collegiate Invitational and guided the Jaguars through six tournaments his first season. Haines had the distinction of coaching Tony Roop, who became the first GSU male student-athlete to participate in graduation.
Haines, who also serves as general manager of the Lincoln Oaks Golf Course, hails from a three-generation family of college golfers. His father, Arthur, played golf and basketball at the University of Richmond, while his son, Keith, competed at Eckert College and Chicago State University. Mark's daughter, Lindsey, was a Division III All-American golfer at Illinois Wesleyan University.
Haines was a four-year letterwinner and a four-sport athlete at Illinois Institute of Technology, serving as a player-coach his final two seasons from 1980-82. He also served as IIT's assistant men's basketball coach from 1981-83. In addition to golf, Haines competed in basketball, cross country and bowling.
Haines serves on the CCAC men's golf oversight committee. A native of Riverdale, Illinois, he received a bachelor's in finance (1980) and a master's in business (1982) from IIT.
Haines and his wife Kimberly reside in Crete.
|Sam Billman||FR||Philo, IL||Unity HS|
|Jack Calderone||SO||Chicago Heights, IL||Homewood-Flossmoor HS|
|John Ciscato||SR||Steger, IL||Saint Xavier|
|Matt Contey||SR||Mokena, IL||Moraine Valley CC|
|Casey Domke||SO||Monee, IL||Marian Catholic HS|
|John Orowick||JR||Frankfort Square, IL||Moraine Valley CC|
|Christopher Randolph||FR||Chicago, IL||Rich Central HS|